Endometriosis Recipe (by Carolyn Levett)
May not look exactly like picture
Serves 4 -6
- Cup of yellow split pease
- 2 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 6 cups of yellow or orange fleshed
- squash – de-seeded and thickly sliced
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Bay leaf
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp of turmeric
1. Gently cook split peas in water of vegetable stock until soft. Check the pan from time to time to ensure that they do not dry out before they are cooked.
2. Mix the squash, tamari and coconut cream with the split peas in a large casserole dish.
3. Heat the oil in a small, heavy based pan. Add the mustard seeds and stir at arm’s length until they stop popping. Add the bay leaf and onion and cook until soft. Stir in the turmeric, cook for a few minutes and tip onto squash mixture. Give it a stir, cover and bake for approximately 35 – 40 minutes, until the squash is soft.
Ideally serve with rice or chapattis made from chick-pea flour.