– Main Meal
– Serves 2
- 6 lean dry cured back bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 150g (5oz) dried spaghetti (Gluten free)*
- 5ml (1tsp) olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ aubergine, thinly sliced
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive tapenade*
- 6 black olives, pitted
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh parsely, chopped
- Grated rind of ½ a lemon
1. Cook spaghetti in a pan of boiling water as per packet instructions.
2. Heat olive oil and lightly fry the red onion. Add the bacon rashers and the aubergine.
Cook until soft.
3. Add the olive tapenade, black olives and cherry tomatoes, and heat through.
4. Add cooked and drained pasta plus the fresh basil and parsley, and grated lemon rind.
5. Thoroughly toss together and serve.
6. Serve with a large crisp green salad.